August Cairo, Egypt (dates and concept to be confirmed by IRO)
We would like to invite you to submit your activity proposals for the SCM-WSCF AP Joint Women’s Program. The Regional Women’s Committee will select 2 national movements to organize a joint program with us on issues and topics relevant to the women in the national movement. The dates and details of the program will be discussed by the national movement and the Regional Women’s Coordinator.
(dates will be finalized after the RWC Meeting in Feb)
With the theme “SCM Women & Sexuality: Embracing, Inclusiveness and Encompassing”, the one-week workshop aims to gather 20 young women participants to accomplish the following objectives:
- To de-construct and de-mythisize the notion of taboo in the discourse on sexuality, particularly female sexuality
- To understand the androcentric impact and power structures that perpetuate control and oppression of women through the androcentric construction of sexuality
- To understand the present situation of SCM women’s experiences and reflection on sexuality in their own definition
- To critically reflect on the religious roots of patriarchy and androcentric outlook in the Christian Theology and text interpretations in the Bible;
- To do Bible Studies using methodologies of Critical Feminist Hermeneutics;
- To explore Feminist Theologies that inspire deep, inclusive and encompassing Christian Theology
- To relate SCM women’s experience and struggles to the Christian Theology that is an inspiration and not an oppression
Once again, please prepare and select your participant in advance for this program, deadline of application is September 30.