Women’s Internship Programme 2005
Chang Hee Won (KSCF) and Sayun Chiang Wan Chen (TSCM)
with the BATIS Center for Women in the Philippines
BATIS Centre for Women, Philippines
The Regional Women’s Programme (RWP) sent 2 young women SCMers (Chang Hee Won from Korea and Sayun Chiang Wan Chen from Taiwan) for a 3-month internship from the period of June to October 2005 with the BATIS Center for Women (Philippines) in the first Women’s Internship Programme. BATIS works on research, documentation, counselling and case-management projects with women who have returned from working in the entertainment industries in countries such as Japan, Korea and Taiwan. The budget of one of the intern came from the WSCF AP Human Rights and Solidarity Programme which wanted to demonstrate its support to the Regional Women’s Programme for this internship initiative.
The objectives of this programme are:
- Train women students and youth in developing knowledge and skills in the works of raising public awareness, advocacy, campaigning, networking and communication on women’s issues
- Work on women’s issues in developing countries and gather support in advocacy and campaigning these issues in the SCMs and churches in the Asia-Pacific region
- Transfer the learned and acquired knowledge and skills to other women students and youth in the SCMs, church groups, Non Government Organization (NGO) and People’s Organization (PO) in the Asia-Pacific region
- Establish and strengthen women’s work and networking between the SCMs, churches and various NGOs and POs in the Asia-Pacific region
- Strengthen the existing national women’s programme in the SCMs.