October 1-21 2009
Thailand or Philippines
Generally, SELF seeks to enable participants to:
- Sharpen awareness and analysis of the social, political and economic setting of the world in the context of Pacific societies and challenge to the churches through sharing of experiences, exposure, studies and reflections.
- Articulate the biblical and theological perspectives on the global burning issues such as globalization, militarization/war on terror, justice, peace, ecology, feminism, etc.
- Trace the history of ecumenical movement in the national, regional and global levels, identifying convergence, challenges and possibilities.
- Search alternative approach to communicate and advocate ecumenical witness among students and youth in the concrete life of the peoples.
- Strengthen ecumenical youth formation in the Pacific.