School for Ecumenical Leadership Formation (SELF) Program 2007
September 2 to 22, 2007
This year’s SELF program will be a joint undertaking between CCA Youth and WSCF AP on the theme, “Young People Working Towards Wider Ecumenism in a Pluralistic Society”. As an intensive leadership development program, it will be attended by 40 young people, 20 from WSCF AP and 20 from CCA member youth groups. The SELF Program aims to accomplish the following objectives:
- Sharpen their awareness and analysis of the social, political and economic setting of the world in the context of Asian societies and challenge to the churches through sharing of experiences, exposure, studies and reflections;
- Articulate the biblical and theological perspectives on the global burning issues such as globalization, militarization/war on terror, justice, peace, ecology, feminism, etc;
- Trace the history of ecumenical movement in the national, regional and global levels, identifying convergence, challenges and possibilities;
- Search alternative approach to communicate and advocate ecumenical witness among students and youth in the concrete life of the peoples;
- Strengthen each other in their ecumenical journey and aspiration.
Once again, please prepare and select your participant in advance for this program, deadline of application is July 30.