Chiangmai, Thailand (tentative)
The CWP Joint Committee will evaluate the joint activities done by CCA and WSCF in 2007 and plan for future joint programs in 2008 and 2009. The Meeting will also be an opportunity to review the long-standing partnership between the two organizations and appoint new replacements of the CWP Joint Committee. WSCF AP representatives, Rev. Dr. Roger Gaikwad (Chairperson), Nina Nayoan (Vice-chairperson) and Necta Montes Rocas (Regional Secretary) will attend this meeting.
July 23 to 25
Hong Kong (tentative)
This meeting will be a vital place for the women leaders from the national movements. The young women will critically evaluate the women’s programmes/activities by sharing their concerns/experiences and struggles while addressing the women’s concerns in their SCMs. They will bring their wisdom and skills to formulate/strategise the programmes for the next 3 years, which would strive us to achieve gender justice in the region and transform our vision in to a reality. The main objectives are:
- To elect the new Regional Women’s Committee (RWC) members of WSCF AP for the year 2008-2010
- To understand, share and exchange information on the National Movements’ women’s issues and the programmes/activities developed in responding to the issues
- Strategize plans for developing women’s programmes in National Movements that do not have any women’s desk or regular women’s programmes Path and make the concrete suggestions to the direction of the Regional Women’s programme, in order to achieve our vision, mission, goals and strategies for the next 3 year
July 26 to 29
Hong Kong (tentative)
The WSCF AP Regional Committee (RC) is the highest policy making body of the Federation in the Asia-Pacific region. The Meeting will be attended by 25 members, delegates from the affiliated and associated movement of the Federation in Asia and the Pacific, the WSCF AP Chairperson, Vice-chairperson, ExCo Members and Regional Staff. The RC will meet just a few days before the WSCF GA to prepare for the GA and accomplish the objectives and function of the RC. Please note that RC delegates will be the same as the national movement’s GA delegates.
The Regional Committee shall accomplish the following:
- review and assess the situations of the member movements of the region in the context of the work of the Executive Committee and the worldwide situation of the Federation;
- consider the ideas, problems and aspirations of the member movements of the region;
- determine and review objectives, policies and priorities for the region;
- devise the ongoing program of the region;
- recommend affiliation or association of the movements;
- coordinate the activities of the regional staff and national staff within the region;
- prepare the regional budget to be submitted to the Executive Committee;
- elect members of the Regional Standing Committee;
- elect regional representatives to the Executive Committee in accordance to the Constitution of the WSCF; and
- decide on a date and venue for the next meeting of the Committee.