January 27-31, Manila, Philippines
The EASYNET Annual Coordinating (CT) Team Meeting is composed of representatives of the seven member organization of EASYNET, namely, APA YMCA, YWCA, WSCF AP, CCA, IMCS, IYCS and IYCW. The CT will meet to evaluate the work of EASYNET in 2012, the status of the National Ecumenical Teams (NETs), and plan to organize the Asian Students and Youth Gathering (ASYG) in April and EASYNET Youth Week in October. The meeting will also be an opportunity to share the plans and situation of each member organization and foster greater ecumenical cooperation among the 7 organizations and turn-over of EASYNET Moderator position to another organization. The WSCF Regional Secretary will attend this meeting.
The 4th ASYG will be a gathering of 150 young people from the seven member organization of EASYNET, namely: APAY YMCA, YWCA, CCA, WSCF AP, IMCS, IYSC and IYCW. With the theme, Justice and Peace Now!
The Gathering aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To create space / common platform for youth Church leaders/ students from Asia and the Pacific to celebrate, dialogue in diversity and solidarity
- To strengthen revive/revitalize Asian youth ecumenical networking and promote youth involvement in prophetic ministry of justice, Peace and various contemporary issues of Human Rights.
- To reflect on the realities of Asian Youth through youth eye’s and to challenge the youth and students to participate in promoting a culture of peace and justice in pluralistic perspectives
- To bring a prophetic voice and develop theological understanding to uphold and affirm life in its fullness in the context of an unjust society (Asia/world) to establish peace.
- To enhance the National Ecumenical teams participation in cultivating culture of peace and justice at the grassroots level.
For further information, please get in touch with the EASYNET Coordinator, Kasta Dip at kasta[at]easynetmail.info
3rd week of October
Every year, the EASYNET member organization commits itself to celebrating the “Youth Week” which aims to bring the young people of EASY Net member movement and partner organizations to come together to reflect on issues affecting the lives of young people and to discern its Christian praxis. It is also a time to collectively celebrate our youthful journey, blessings and solidarity. In recent decades, EASY Net Week is more popularly known as Asia Youth Week (AYW) Celebration among CCA Youth (NCC Youth). However after ASYG 2000,CCA felt that AYW should be more “ ecumenically” celebrated thus in 2001, the CCA and NCC youth have actively enjoined partner movements to join in the AYW celebration. In 2002, CCA officially turned over to EASY Net the initiatives of celebrating the Youth Week. In the last 5 years, EASY Net week is known as Asia Pacific Students and Youth Week (APSYW). This year we are launching the EASY Net Week this in the context of actively promoting the network among its member movement from the national leadership to its grassroots membership. The EASY Net Week can also be a venue for localized/grasroot celebration of “National Students and Youth Gathering.”