March 4-6, 2005
The Women’s Desk of the SCMI organised a zonal workshop on Gender Sensitivity and Human Sexuality from 4-6 March 2005 at SCMI Programme centre, Bangalore. The theme of the workshop was Gender Justice and Human Sexuality: A Holistic Approach. Twenty-five students from South India participated in the workshop. The main objectives of the workshop were:
- To enable the students to acquire a holistic perspective on gender and sexuality
- Critical analysis of patriarchy, class caste and gender divide and its role in gender justice
- Describe human sexuality from a personal, cultural and theological perspective.
- To help them in transforming the attitudes, values and behavior at the personal level.
- Prepare action plans to integrate gender justice and human sexuality dialogue in their respective places and groups.
There were eminent resource persons to deliver the keynote address and to conduct Bible Study. Apart from the keynote and Bible Study, there were many sessions and group activities facilitated by INSA-India (International Service Association).