See more ...
WSCF Global Executive Committee Meeting
October 29 to November 7, 2010
The WSCF Executive Committee Meeting that was held from October 29 to November 7,2010 in Beirut, Lebanon. The meeting was held in conjuncture with the Training on Climate Justice. with WSCF AP’s representative to this meeting were Immanuel Kitnan as Exco member, Leni Valeriano as proxy to Bronwyn Crowe and Necta Montes as regional staff for Asia Pacific. Key decisions and points discussed during the Exco Meeting were:
- Ms. Christine Housel was appointed as WSCF Co-Secretary General
- WSCF General Assembly is planned to be held 2014 in Latin America, 2013 in Korea in conjunction with WCC General Assembly in Busan, South Korea. A GA Working Group was formed to prepare a proposal for the holding of the next GA.
- An Ecumenical Assistance Program (EAP) Development Team has been established to oversee EAP and general financial management by WSCF, likewise a Communication Team and Theology
- On the Water Campaign, formation of Water Campaign Task Force to be composed of one representative each region, IRO, some ASC members to plan in detail the Water Campaign and coordinate. Major objective of Water Campaign is a tactical (short-term) which is more on raising awareness on Water issues and thus one primary keystone on this is to outline a Campaign Plan in celebration of the World Water Day on March 22. We can also have some occasion how our region or local movements can contribute to this. Collection of Water Stories to be compiled as a book, with story contributions from each region.
- The Exco reiterated the Free the 43 health workers in the Philippines. The Exco agreed and we sent a letter to the new Philippine President Aquino to demand their release. The Exco also wrote a statement and prayer on the attacks on churches in Iraq.
The ExCo meeting started with clarifying the objectives that was set at the Officers and Staff meeting in February 2009 and was structured in two parts: evaluation and projection and focusing on climate justice as the thematic focus for 2010. The purpose of this was first to evaluate the work, and the second part to give inputs for an inter-regional planning starting from the regions and the global working groups (ASC, EAP - DT commission). Presentations were organized in blocks of time, after which the ExCo was organized in groups to further analyze the analysis and proposals, and bring recommendations to the plenary. The Statutory Committees met and (Personnel and Finance) submitted specific proposals to the Exco for approval.